To save for a 20% down payment for median home
Of Generation Z prioritize living proximity to work
Millennials not able to afford a down payment
In Hungarian, dunyha refers to a traditional handmade duvet comforter. In many other languages dunya, the way we pronounce it, means “world.” We choose the name Dunyha because it perfectly describes our goal to create Share Economy Homes across the globe that bring warmth and comfort to those that live and visit there.
Our Operate-to-Own (O2O) model empowers talented hardworking individuals with the opportunity to own real estate in prime urban markets. O2O reshapes your financial future by creating a path of savings and income. Each home has a rent-free private living quarters for the future owner, combined with a curated space for guests.
1. Submit application w/ accompanying video
Deadline: 20 Nov 2020
2. Virtual Interview (for selected candidates)
10-30 days after deadline
3. Top applications selected for the 1st Dunyha pilot cohort
4. Sign Operate-to-Own (O2O) commitment with Dunyha
January 2021 to December 2021*
1. Dunyha will secure investment financing to commence construction of your Dunyha at your target location.
2. There will be no cost whatsoever to you as a future operator.
* Dates may vary based on location and specific permitting and construction timelines unique to each geography
Years 1-3: Live rent-free within the living quarters of a Dunyha.
Avoided housing expenses ( save 40-60K USD over 3 years )
Years 2-3: Also collect profit sharing on Dunyha revenue.
Your expected revenue share ( 35-45K USD over two years )
Operator Responsibilities: Guest communication, light hosting, option to be involved in special events. Time commitment around 5-10 hours per week, but should fit into lifestyle of ideal candidates.
A 5 year window with a goal to exercise your purchase by end of year 3. The option prices are predetermined at an agreed value.
1. We recommend and set you up for an SBA 504 loan with a 10 percent down payment. However, you are welcome to explore all financing options.
2. After 3 years if you do not exercise the option, you can continue to save towards your down payment for the next 2 years.
You buy a home with equity and own a real estate asset much faster than your peers. Average purchase price and property value is 750k.
You inherit a mature business that you built, with a revenue track record that produces income for yourself.
As a result, you dramatically catapult your financial trajectory and open up multiple options for yourself.
The following options are available to you once you own a Dunyha business and home.
1. You can continue to live in and operate your Dunyha. And now all the profits from the business will be yours to keep.
2. You can transition to investor role – Dunyha will help you to choose a resident operator with the same arrangement you previously had.
The new resident operator will have the option to purchase from you at an agreed premium price. And you will earn the majority of the income, before they can afford to exercise their option.
You are looking to become a first-time homeowner within the next several years and would like to get started early.
You are interested in learning more about the hospitality business in your spare time.
You would like a way to build equity quickly while maintaining other work or educational obligations.
You place importance in sharing experiences with others and are people-oriented.
You will be able to live in a studio sized space for a minimum of 3 years.
You consider yourself to be financially and socially responsible.